Andrew
Positive thinking

Today we talk about positive thinking. Why people interpret  most events as bad events? Most people undestand that every event has two sides - bad and good, but why we prefer bad? Does anybody nows?
For example, somebody has lost his job. Is it bad or good? Neither bad nor good. Depends on the way we look at that. Depends on our choice. We could be thinking: "Wow! Its great! I have lost my job! Good! That gives me an excellent chance to change my life! To see my mistakes and improve my personality. I have a chance to find something more excellent for myself. I have some      time to have a rest."
But not. Most of us would be thinking:"Oh my god! I have lost my job! That's end! I'm dead! I wil never find an other job! Life is crap! My wife is going to divorce me...maybe. I so sad! What shall I do? I'm gonna kill myself. Oh god! For what?!"

Why humanes have such nature of thinking? What is the reason for this? How does the second (negative way) help us? I have no idea. What if we is pessimistic, would it give us more chances to resolve issues? NO. Conversely it will worsen the situation.

Definitely, the situation would be more better if we have positive thinking. It gives us power,  makes our looking better, improve our creativity.

So, why we have an other nature?

Feb 27, 2015 7:36 PM
Comments · 4

Low serotonin and endorphin levels. Seriously, pessimism is directly linked with low levels of certain neurotransmitters. Toxins, low quality foods and prolonged stress all deplete the "feel positive" neurotransmitters and therefore depression and negative thinking as well as the taking of psychotropic drugs and prescribed medications have sky-rocketed in recent history. Some people truly have no choice. It's a biological, biochemical reaction (or lack of reaction) in their brains. If you change your diet and your lifestyle and even take certain supplements it can radically and quickly change how optimistic or pessimistic you feel. 

February 28, 2015

Positive (over)thinking is bullsh*t. It has become something like a new religion of the modern world. What is its purpose? Just make you feel better about things you do not like, are unpleasant for you or you cannot control. It's a sweet dream, not reality.

February 28, 2015

Hungarians are famous for their pessimism, looking at what is wrong with things in the country, instead of seeing the positive side... although it would be so much better to say "What can we do to make things better?" instead of "In this country everything is bad, but in other countries everything is perfect, we should go there". I really don't understand why it is good for so many people to always be pessimistic. Positive thinking is so much better.

February 27, 2015

I agree with you that positive thinking is wonderful in the modern world. As far as why people tend to look at the bad side of things, this is fairly well studied by psychologists. It appears that in the natural world, the consequences of something bad happening are far more significant than the consequences of something good happening. In nature, good news could mean you eat better for a few days or weeks or maybe for the rest of your life, but bad news could mean serious injury or death.

February 27, 2015