Alper
Have you read today ?

What book are you reading ?  

What books have you read ?

Mar 1, 2015 4:52 AM
Comments · 10

Wow!You are a big reader.I also like reading, especially stories. But the most that I have ever read is Chinese books.With some books I'll also take notes as I read.

Listening to a soft music while reading a book that you like is a real pleasure!

March 1, 2015

I love the Sherlock Holmes stories. I actually think the stories are better than the novels.

One of my favorites is "The Red-Headed League."

A few years ago I actually bought a big three-volume set called <em>The New Annotated Sherlock Holmes</em>, by Leslie S. Klinger, because it has notes in it explaining details of Victorian life, connections between the stories--and logical problems and inconsistencies in the plots!

March 3, 2015

I have read "Never eat alone" by Keith Ferrazzi, I like it, some advices are pretty good!

March 2, 2015

I expected to read a novel in English this week, sadly, <em>Young Sherlock Holmes - Black Ice</em> by Andrew Lane which is translated into Indonesian took my attention more than others.

It's cool! 

March 2, 2015

I'm reading a novel called <em>The Bagmen</em> by William Lashner. It is pure entertainment. I don't know quite how describe his novels. They are certainly crime novels. A lot of the pleasure is in the wit and wisecracking. 

I'm also reading a surprisingly compelling book called <em>American Cornball: A Laff-O-Pedic Guide to the Formerly Funny</em>, by Christopher Miller. It is about the kinds of imagery and subjects of jokes that were popular in the U.S. from about 1900 to 1970. 

March 2, 2015
Show more