Barbara
Favourite and useful series,movies

What are your favourite movies and series in English? What do you think, are they useful for learning?

Mar 1, 2015 6:33 PM
Comments · 5

Hi Barbi! :) I think that the most useful film serials are the Canadian ones, because they are easy to understand. I like Castle, Murdoch Mysteries and Motive. And Pride and Prejudice (the BBC series), they speak really clearly there.

If you like comedy series, my favourites are Two and a Half Men, Anger Management and Modern Family. You can practise your listening skills by watching them. :) 

March 1, 2015

Thank you all. You wrote a very useful things :)

March 2, 2015

Big Bang Theory or any film with subs!

You could start with YouTube channel Easy English https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=easy+english

I reallz like it because of the format of the channel, interviews in the streets are great!

March 1, 2015

I believe that for the first time, you should just watch the film, without using any subtitles, and be happy when you understand words/phrases/sentences. When you watch it for the second time, you can use English subtitles, so you will understand what you missed the first time. I suggest that you keep watching the film, without pausing it - if you keep pausing the film to note down & look up words, it will ruin the whole experience. The words are likely to come up later anyway.

March 1, 2015

As far as learning from movies and TV series is concerned, it all depends upon the use of subtitles. There no specific movie that need to be suggested any one could work. As a newbie start watching any movie with subtitle on. Note the new words, find meaning and Un pause the movie. As time progress, there will be ocassions where you won't need subtitle. 

March 1, 2015