Eddie
Go abroad backpacking !

In Taiwan ,when we meet foreigners we will feel very new and exciting. if they encounter problems we will be very enthusiastic to help him, although there are language barriers.A person if they go abroad backpacking, more or less in the case of the journey to the question.English is not good, I worry that people will not find help, fearing poor English will cause resentment of foreigners.

When you meet foreigners, but there is a language barrier between them, how do you think ? Only simple basic English can go backpacking ?

Mar 2, 2015 8:43 AM
Comments · 2

i am currently studying in melbourne ,australia. From my experiences, most of the people here are usually very helpful and kind, even if they couldnt understand you well. i think it is all those differences in cultures and languages that diversify the world makes it a much more exciting and interesting place to live in. to answer your question,yes, i think it would be an awesome experience to go backpacking in some english speaking country even when you couldnt speak english well. Most of the locals there would be really friendly and they would try to help you as much as they can. do not worry about discrimination issues though, if you ever did encounter a person who are rude to you, thats probably his or her problem. He or she probably is just not a nice person, it has nothing to do with languages. so do not worry and just go for it!!

March 2, 2015

of course I will help them if they need

if go backpacking,language is not a problem,

A foreign friend tell me : language is universal

so dont worry,just do it

March 2, 2015