[Deleted]
Any recommendations for entertaining Indonesian films/ TV series?

Hello,

I have been exposed to some Indonesian culture and the language since a young age, but never really learnt it properly until about last year. However, I felt that there were very few resources when it comes to practising listening to Bahasa in oder to get a better feeling for the pronounciation.

So I thought perhaps there are some films/ TV series that may help me.

Any suggestions? ...... aaaand please no Sinetron!!!

Mar 3, 2015 6:14 PM
Comments · 5

There are several Indonesian language shows I could think of.

Search these shows on Youtube:

- Bajaj Bajuri = quite funny TV show

- Si Doel Anak Sekolahan = this one is a classic TV show popular in the 90's in Indonesia... Many older Indonesians could recall this show similar to the way Americans love The Bill Cosby Show or The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

- Kick Andy = a serious (but somewhat lighthearted) talk show, kinda like an Indonesian version of a cross between Oprah and Ellen Degeneres

- Doraemon = it's anime, but you can search for the Indonesian-dubbed version by using the search term "Doraemon Indonesia"

- Crayon Shinchan = it's also an anime. Make sure you add "Bahasa Indonesia" in search term too, otherwise you'll only find the Japanese language version only.

- Detektif Conan = another popular anime in Indonesia. You don't need to add "Bahasa Indonesia" in search term, since "Detektif" is already an Indonesian word by itself.

- More anime titles popular in Indonesia are: Ninja Hattori, P-Man, YuGiOh, Pokemon, Digimon.

If they're not available in Youtube, you could also search them in DailyMotion or Vimeo.

That's all I could think off right now. If I can remember of more, I'll let you know.

Also, let me know if you want movie title recommendations.

March 7, 2015

@Vyanara - Thank you for the recommendations. I shall look for the films later!

March 4, 2015

Did you ever watch LASKAR PELANGI film? That's a good film. Or SURAT KECIL UNTUK TUHAN? I think, that's a touching film. 5 CM film is a good film too. It tells about friendship and a journey to Mahameru mountain.

March 4, 2015

Oh really? What happened?

I watched the film "Tenggelamnya Kapal van der Wijck" based on the same-named bestselling novel, but that is pretty much the only Indonesian film I have ever seen. Because it was so beautifully shot, I had the impression that this cannot be an exeption or is it ....?

March 4, 2015

Let's just say, the words "indonesian tv series" and "entertaining" never go together. Anymore.

They used to be, though.

March 4, 2015