Barbara
Professional Teacher
If you had a chance to practice your English in one of the english speaking countries which one would it be?

Where would you like to go on a new language adventure? Explain why!

Mar 6, 2015 9:39 AM
Comments · 46

That's a nice idea, Gerek. But unfortunately, there are a lot of people in Britain who are neither royal nor sexy.

And I can't think of a single person who is both royal AND sexy...

March 6, 2015

"Canada or England, I like those accents the most."

This strikes me as funny because the Canadian accent is almost exactly the same as the American accent. It's not uncommon for me to not even realize that someone is Canadian until they tell me.

March 9, 2015

This strikes me as funny because the Canadian accent is almost exactly the same as the American accent.

Mike, it depends on the area in Canada & the U.S. that you're comparing.  I'd bet if you spoke to someone from New Orleans and compared that with someone from Nova Scotia you'd be able to recognize vast differences.  What I find odd is choosing a country to spend time in on the basis of a perceived accent.  I'd be focusing on the country itself, the climate, things to do, personal safety etc.  Accent wouldn't enter into the decision.

March 9, 2015

Thumbs Up For England. I think the English language was created in Britain and after that, it spread to other countries. It's more beautiful than the American version. It's musical. I wish I was born in London. Also, My desktop wallpaper is the flag of the United Kingdom. Please search this sentence in google images: 'IF I HAD A BRITISH ACCENT I'D NEVER SHUT UP'. I think the British people don't know that their accent is so beautiful. I love them.

March 9, 2015

I've an Economics degree, so the best place where i can practice my english is NYC. The center of world Economy.

March 9, 2015
Show more