Wissem
British English and American English

what do you love British ou American English ? and why you like it ? 

Mar 12, 2015 7:53 PM
Comments · 24

I prefer British English, because UK is the homeland of English language and people speak more correctly, more beautiful, more traditionally. Many American people don't use language correctly, dont speak right times, words, statements. American version of English is filled with much sleng. British English is more naturally. But sometimes it is very interesting to compare both of them. It is useful for learner. 

March 15, 2015

I think it is all reletive to what you're learning English for and where you're from.

A few people have said that American is easier, perhaps, but even I struggle to understand people from the Southern states in America, and I'm native British, so I suppose it all depends on where you come from.

I will never forget a man in a shop in New York City who overheard me and my brother speaking to each asking what language it was we were speaking in. :)

March 12, 2015

For me as a learner, I think American is better.

Their accent and pronunciation are easier than British and also that's easy to understand.

On the other hand all people understand American accent easily but the same is not true on British.

I've seen too many learners who have tried British, when they were done with American.

March 12, 2015

I like American English cuz it is easier to understand

March 12, 2015

I like the british accent, sounds nice.

March 12, 2015
Show more