Jacob
Community Tutor
What motivates you to learn foreign languages?
Mar 15, 2015 4:22 PM
Comments · 23

Chicks dig it.

March 17, 2015

I absolutley love people, culture, and foreign languages. I really want to be able to connect with the people im learning the language of. I want to have some sort of bond with the land and the people. It is very fun and interests me. A new language is a new representation of what I now belong to. Take that im learning Japanese. After that I carry Japanese with me everywhere I go. And now I represent Japan and it becomes part of you. Only personal opinions though. Thanks!

March 16, 2015

Ever since I was a little girl, I was fascinated (obssessed my sister says) with languages. I lived for Naruto (at 9, cartoons were life.)  and I always found myself glued to the tv (I was literally two inches away) for every episode, and that led me to loving Japan.  I was obssessed with Japanese culture and customs, the language, the people (esp. the boysss!) and the food. It was a passion! Hearing conversations and be able to understand them, plus the fact that I wasn't Japanese! I was .... infatutated (for lack of a better word, atm)

My main goal at that time was to learn all the languages of the world. As I believe that this is not possible nor is it practical, I have narrowed it to the main languages, or around 30 something. I know that I may not complete this list, but I feel that learning a language opens ones mind to all sorts of things. You understand different aspects to certain things, and you NEVeR look at it one sided again. I LOVE talking, and the ability to communicate in more than one language increases the amount of persons I am able to "annoy". You take a part of that culture, and you make it your own. It becomes a part of who you are, and to me , it gives a clearer definition of what I want and aim to do.

That is just a short reason on why I love languages, I could talk all day, but trust me, we have things to do. Since then I've dabbled in many languages which aren't limited to Latin, French, Mandarin and Japanese, and have never regreted a day. (except that one time, I was up watching a Korean Drama)

I always send my friends link and other things I find in/about languages that interest them, and I plan to help my mother learn French, her favourite language, this summer.

Languages are my passion, and know, that I can never be happier doing anything else. :)

Hope that helps

Ana

April 12, 2015

I love learning languages, and it's also useful to speak several of them to get along in different parts the world.

March 16, 2015

Sorry, I'm newbie. I need primary english in my job (meeting, email, etc.) and secondary I can listen and read telelevision, radio, news without difficulty.

March 16, 2015
Show more