eric
TEFAQ TEST

I just made an online TEFAQ test with one student. I understood that it's a test requested for immigration in Québec. Level was B2 and I just obtain 50%, one detail, I am native french...WTF? anybody can suggest some links for this kind of test (I mean reliable tests)?

Thanks in advance,

Mar 16, 2015 3:27 AM
Comments · 3

That's just normal ;) To pass a test/exam successfully, you need to know the rules. I'd say, if you know HOW to do it, that will guarantee 30-40% of success. That's why preparing for an exam, one has to train specifically for the format and make several (the more the better) mock tests focusing on the time and format. The stupidest part is often reading, especially at levels C1-C2, when they write the questions in such a way that even a native speaker sometimes can't decide whether the information is false or not given. Grr!

March 17, 2015

I did a DELF C1 exam and struggled too, because those test are designed to trick. The texts can be long and boring, with overly complicated words "just because", and the questions can be a bit misleading deliberately. In one question, I was asked to state which sentence in the text was justifying myanswers and the answer and I didn't agree. I would have been really upset if it had been a real test because I still think they got it wrong.

For the first part (comprehension), the best is to take notes as you hear the text. For the second part (expression) I've written a text on this, the TEFAQ pat is at the end. http://www.italki.com/article/330/french-tests-how-to-improve-your-score-especially-for-tefaq#.VI1lhiusX3o

March 23, 2015

You're right Tati, I've been told about the same issue happening with native Spanish or English speakers doing the same kind of test in their native language. However I think some online test are nor very serious, this one I tried first definitly sucks... I found some way better on TV5 monde website. Hope I will get fluent in French soon ;) More seriously I thinks those test on TV5 will be helpul for my student.

March 21, 2015