Sierra
How Do You Study?

I'm currently juggling schoolwork, with newly introduced 'adult-stuff' (find a job, car, etc). I plan on leaving to stay in Japan for three months starting next year, and I want to at least sear the basics of Japanese into my brain before going. 

I'm not good at keeping a schedule, though! So, I was wondering if I could pick up some study habits from fellow italkers. Thank you!

Mar 18, 2015 6:19 PM
Comments · 2

I also agree getting a langauge partner is very important. The key is to speak and talk a lot. Another method I use is to listen to jpop songs and watch Japanese drama with Japanese and English subtitles. I  also went to study Japanese in Tokyo for a month, and that was the time I had greatest improvement. If you are gonig to Japan I am sure you'll improve in no time! かんばってください!

March 18, 2015

Hello Sierra!

My advice to you if you want to study Japanese is get a Japanese tutor, get some audio CDs, get some language books, phrase books or anything you can find really!

This website: www.yesjapan.com teaches Japanese also and has an audio function and if you want something cheap it's quite good for it.

Other options are getting a language partner and exchanging languages with them or even someone who you can study with.

I hope this helps?

March 18, 2015