Alex
Lingq Review

Does anyone use Lingq? 

I'm curious how well it is working for others. 

Mar 19, 2015 3:46 AM
Comments · 10
While this is wildly stale, but I figured I might as well include a comment in case anyone else has an interest in this subject, since I actually do have knowledge of the Lingq website/app. I use it and I like it for my purposes. It's basically a website and an app (it comes in both flavours) that you can use to import text and sound files and that facilitates understanding by giving you easy access to online dictionaries and translations. You can display the text in various modes. One example is sentence mode, which allows you to view one sentence at a time, and listen to the sentence, looking up anything you don't understand and taking notes on the items you look up (either one word or parts of a sentence). Each note is called a "lingq". Later you can review the lingqs as flashcards if you do desire. Lingq makes it much easier to read and understand text that would otherwise be too hard to read enjoyably. I personally use it only for languages at which I'm at or below the B2 level - above that I don't require reading help. :) The interface is so-so, but it can be figured out and there is pretty good help available on the forum if you have questions. In summary, I think this is a very useful supplementary resource along with whatever you're using as your primary learning method. Or if you just want to dabble and don't want to invest too much in a particular language, then reading a simple book you're interested in -- with Lingq's help -- can be as enjoyable a method as any, and it's certainly more helpful and useful than most apps (Duolingo, Pimsleur ....)
October 20, 2022

Hi! It seems very interesting .. I'm gonna try it! :)

May 3, 2015

Let me know how you like it!

May 3, 2015

Hey Christian,

I actually have not! I tried the website out for a few days and I really enjoyed their style but I didn't try the group chat at all.

May 2, 2015

Hi Alexandria,

I didn't know about this site too, but it looks interesting. Especially because they offer one thing I miss on italki: Group chats together with a mentor for a reasonable price.

Did ever you attend such a chat?

May 2, 2015
Show more