Patches_157
How do you guys practice your language learning?

Do you practice a bit or jump head on into discussion after some reading?

How do you study? I can only go a few minutes before I get distracted and try doing something else until I realize I'm not learning efficiently and cry a little bit. I mean, how do you stay on task to get enough work for the day?

How far do you think you are in your learning? Are you confident to an extent or are you aware as to where you need practice? I get a little ignorant about the whole thing and don't realize until I'm incredibly embarassed mid-way.

I just want to know how your study is going and how well you believe you're doing.

Mar 20, 2015 1:11 AM
Comments · 2

A little bit each day goes a long way. Being consistent and just learning some new vocabulary each day and some new grammar each week is way better than burning yourself out. Having biweekly study sessions for hours on end will give you a headache. Then you will lose motivation. That's no good.

When you study for longer, it's best to study about 30 minutes on, 5 minutes off.

There are so many different ways to go about studying. You just have to find which ones work best for you through trial and error. It doesn't hurt to try a different way of memorizing vocabulary or taking notes.

Wow, that's not very long. Why are you so easily distracted? Try identifying the problem. Don't cry ^^ How do you stay on task to get other work done throughout the day?

I keep my goals in mind and get into my work.

I am advanced beginner, I believe. It is very rewarding to see progress, be able to converse with natives, and have better access to foreign resources.

Of course; I will always need practice. All speakers of any language spend their entire lives studying it and using it daily. Don't be embarrassed or worry too much about it. The less you think, the better off you will be. ^^ Too much is brain overload. It's okay to ask for help.

My studies are going well. I am very proud of myself (:

March 20, 2015

http://www.languagehero.co/blog/protect-yourself-from-demotivation

"Until you find a way to connect language learning with the person that you want to become, your motivation will last only as long as your attention span."

March 20, 2015