Moisés
What do you know of Spain?

I'm Spanish and I would like to know your opinion about my country,my culture and people...I want to know how you see my country in different parts of the world..

Mar 21, 2015 5:39 PM
Comments · 18

I love Spain and it's people and I visit the country several times each year. In recent years there's been a large growth in the number of Spaniards coming to live and seek work here in the UK and I've had the pleasure of getting to know some of them. Unfortunately I see the pain in their faces and hear it in their voices when they talk of the political and economic situation in their country, the political and financial corruption, the poverty, the repossesion of houses, the long hours and the low pay they're expected to work for if they can find a job, the demonstrations, hopeful that the rise of Podemos will bring some positive changes. I know Spanish engineers, teachers, health care workers, ex military, working here as waiters or cleaners because "it's better than the life they would have in Spain". Lovely country and people, shame about the politicians who seem to want to give to the rest of the world the impression that Spain is a third world country.

March 21, 2015

Barcelona...a nice city to visit.

Football...Best football players in Spain

Tomatoes... Most producer, but I don't agree with wasting tomtatoes during Tomatina festival

Bullfighting...to be honest, I hate this event

Spanish people....I haven't had the opportunity to get to know them.

March 21, 2015

I agree with Andy. Spain's a great place - the country and its people have so many positive qualities. So it's heartbreaking to see the economic difficulties that you are having at the moment, and the bleak future which is facing so many bright, hardworking and highly-qualified young people.

March 22, 2015

I think - Spanish eat a lot, pictures -Salvador Dali, Picasso, Velasquez..., flamenco, beautiful cities like madrid, Barcelona, Granada, Servilla,etc..., catalunian, basque and galego language, las fallas, bull fight, trance music land and nice beaches. Castles and simpathy villages, modern streetcars, (tranvias), La sagrada familia cathedal and San Tiago de la compostela religion path.

Olé!!!!!

March 22, 2015

Hola, Moisés! Creo que la opinión que tiene gente de fuera sobre España es más o menos común: fiesta, toros, sangría, turismo de sol y playa, etc. etc. Si quieres conoces la opinión que tienen todas las chicas rusas sobre los españoles, mira. Piensan que todos sabéis ticar guitarra, no hacéis nada menos torear, beber sangría y seducir las mujeres. Hasta que la pasión del máximo grado la nominamos "la pasión española")) 
Pero, claro, después de haber vivido algo en España, entiendo que a lo mejor son los prejuicios que sacamos de literatura o cine. Que la realidad es distinta ;)  

March 21, 2015
Show more