[Deleted]
Being half African in Japan?

Hello I am Vicky and I have a question to all the Japanese people out there.
I'm in love with Japan now for 8 years and now I've teached myself next to the language more about the culture and stuff.
I don't know if these are just stereotypes but is it true that Japanese people only like foreigners with white skin? I don't really know what to think about that because I already planned to move to Japan one day and I also want to become happy there but can I even become happy with my skin color? I'm half Nigerian and half German so I'm definitely not white. Does that mean that I'd just be the "poor" girl from Africa or would they treat me like they treat anyone else? Would Japanese men don't find me attractive or generally Japanese people think I'm not pretty because I'm not white? I don't want to sound racist or blame any Japanese for their way to think I just want to know what my life could look like in Japan as a dark skinned person. Could I be forever alone, could people judge me for my appearance...?

Another thingy that catches my interest in the last few days is what Japanese men think about foreign girls. I heard that they're not really interested in them, is that true? And what is the reason for that?

I hope you can give me some answers! And I say it again I'm not racist and I won't hate Japanese people because of their perspective to think about dark skinned people. I just wonder if they could like people like me no matter if it's a Japanese boy or girl.

Thank you for reading this! (if somebody read this)

Vicky xx

Mar 23, 2015 5:56 AM
Comments · 8

Come on guys. Ya'll act like racism doesnt exist around the world. It's everywhere. There is no country on earth immune to that fact including Japan. Your responses are the equivalent of Vicky asking about the United States and you all telling her skin color and ethnicity don't matter. Which would be a lie. Not saying everyone is racist, but racism/colorism/hatred against foreigners exist. 

I mean we are talking about Japan here. This is a country that denies the kidnapping and rape of thousands of Korean women during WWII. Let's get real. Don't get me wrong I love Japan. But you have to take the good with the bad. 

March 27, 2015

Some stereotyopes are too stereotyped!

There can't be an objective "independent" mass-moral judgement on what you have just described above. If you yourself feel outsider under your skin then you always be a judgemental about you. Dont give in to "outsider-in-you". Just be nice to yourself and see how the world would be nicer to you. 

Dark skin, yellow skin, brown skin, white skin or blue skin. Remember you are not in flesh trade or in butcher shop or dealing with skin business!!!

March 23, 2015

I'm not Japanese, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with your ethnicity. I have talked to many Japanese people and I can honestly tell you that they're very kind, friendly, and honest. Of course everyone is different, but I do think that you'll be perfectly fine. I also have a dream of living in Japan one day and maybe even meet the perfect guy there. Do know that you'll meet plenty of Japanese men/women who like you for who you are! Good luck. ^_^

March 23, 2015

There are racist people wherever you go no matter what country youre in. I am way darker than you are. When I went to Japan, I got some stares from people & I got a lot of smiles from people. I had people that told me I was really pretty and I had people that frowned at me (just a couple of those though. It wasn't bad or anything.) in general, Japanese people are really nice. Even the teenagers. I stayed mostly in the bigger cities so they're probably used to seeing darker people anyway. You'd be surprised at how many full blood Africans that live there. No one really cares. As for the guys, there were some that found me really pretty and there were some that didn't. ^_^ the ones that did were very attractive though. Also very tall <3  heehee

March 30, 2015

Thank you for your answers! You really helped me with them! 

March 23, 2015
Show more