Joaquim
Difficulty in teaching and learn English.

People use to say that English is difficult to learn because  of many reasons and I also think so. (pronunciation differs from the spelling). For beginners it seems to be impossible.

So, what could be the main problems beginners face when learning vocabulary? 

Sometimes teachers also face problems in teaching vocabulary. So, what makes teaching vocabulary difficult?

What would you suggest in order to improve vocabulary teaching or learning?

I think it's a serious problem specially for those countries where English is a foraign language.

Peolpe want to learn it but face also serious prloblems. Teachers also help the learner to learn but sometimes are not so helpful.

Mar 27, 2015 7:09 AM
Comments · 3

I am totally agree with Dustin. One thing is the expressions and rules that you learn and another is the really use of the language. I sometimes feel very lost when i listen a song or watching a Tv show and i hear one expression that for me is not in the way that i have learned. But i think that this is a general problem for too many languages. Another problem for me are the accents or the pronunciation. WHen I hear someone form Texas, London, Australia..ouch i need to concentrate very well¡¡¡

March 27, 2015

One thing I would say students learning the language may find difficult , is that many of the rules regardless pronunciation , and spelling , are quite useless , and do not apply to most situations. For instance , take the " I before e except after c " rule. This " rule " is disobeyed many more times than it is followed. So much in fact , that to even mention the rule to someone who is not already fluent in English , is useless. It would cause more problems than help , in my personal opinion. 

March 27, 2015

When I said "teachers also help the learner to learn but sometimes are not so helpful", I mean some teachers are not able to help the learners to know the language, maybe to say so. I don't know weather it's lack of training.

March 27, 2015