Mika
sending condolences to ex's mother

I need some opinions.

I just heard a very sad news from my ex's colleague, whom I know as well, that his mother got involved in an accident and passed away.

It was all of sudden and very big one that he's now even allowed to be off from work for unlimited time.

my question is if I can write him a few words, such as I was very glad to see her even for once, may she rest in peace and I would be there for him anytime he needs me... or should I just better shut up because I might only annoy him.. ?

Our relationship was not especially so long one. because of many difficult factors we decided to be separated, considering when it got really serious, it would be more difficult and sadder to break up as time.. I used to be his colleague as well. I am just really so worried about him but at the same time I do realize it I am the one who's better not doing anything with him..although I know the most about him among colleagues.. 

what would you do? any comments highly appreciated. thanks.

Mar 27, 2015 4:53 PM
Comments · 2

I think it would be ok to send him your handwritten condolences (to him, not to his mother) by mail, you can indeed also include a few lines about how you liked or interacted with his mother. If you want to keep your distance, it's also fine to omit the "If you need anything I'm here". You can also consider not sending anything and instead going to the funeral and giving him quickly your ondolences there.

Keep in mind he might have a new partner there with him.

March 27, 2015

thank you for your great idea, Berze.

I think I would do that way and send it to his work plece despite I know his home adress so that it wont be so personal ..

March 27, 2015