Tiffany
Where do I begin?

Hi my name is Tiffany. I've always wanted to learn to speak Spanish but I get overwhelmed rather quickly. I have no idea where to begin. A few years ago I learn how to dance salsa and a few other Latin dances and I absolutely love it! The only problem is, I can't understand the music. Although that isn't enough to keep me from dancing, I would still like to learn the language.  Any advice is welcomed. 

Mar 28, 2015 1:11 AM
Comments · 3

Hi! I use the Duolingo app, and that works well and is a fun way to learn a new language in a gamified way. Other than that there are some good sites that offer material for free online, for example lightspeedspanish.co.uk. Another alternatIve is the old fashion language text books. I have found a good one in swedish, I don't know which would be good in your primary language, but I bet there are many. Good luck with your spanish!

March 28, 2015

If you are learning Spanish for the purpose of understanding song lyrics, then I recommend you go directly to the songs. You can find the lyrics online and study them in conjunction with listening. In addition, you might want to learn some common conversational phrases that you can use with native speakers you meet while dancing. In addition to this, I will just mention that my usual advice is to focus on pronunciation, sentence structure, and vocabulary, in that order. Good luck and have fun!

March 28, 2015

seek for an exchange, a person who can be patient with you, explain your situation that you're a beginner but willing to learn, you're going to find lots of persons who would like to be your language partner. Good luck!

March 28, 2015