Cherry
Recommend me some French books!

I've been learning French for a few years now and I'm at the A2/B1 level. I've just started to seriously read French books. I'm currently reading <em>Le Petit Prince</em>. I have some books lined up to be read next: some <em>Le Petit Nicolas</em> books, the <em>Les Fourmis</em> series, <em>L'Étranger</em> and <em>La Chute</em>.

Does anyone have any other (interesting) French books to recommend? Merci! :-*

Mar 28, 2015 8:47 PM
Comments · 11

I'm probably at the same level as you - A2/B1. When reading I try to pick books that are exactly at my level or a little less. I read L'Etranger and it was too much for me. I had to look up a word or phrase every other sentence. It wasn't enjoyable for me. When I read I like to reinforce what I already know to make the connections to the words and phrases stronger. Take a look at Amazon.fr to see what they offer in the children's book department. Even if you don't plan on buying from Amazon it will help learn vocabulary while looking for things! 

Here are a few books I've downloaded on my Amazon kindle:

An Easy French Reader: Le Pain du Boulanger (Easy French Readers t. 27) (French Edition)

Histoires à lire le soir 2 (French Edition)

Learn French With Stories: 7 Short Stories For Beginner and Intermediate Students (French Edition)

Voyage en France, an Easy French Story for Beginners, PART 1: with Glossaries throughout the Text (Easy French Reader Series for Beginners)

March 31, 2015

Hi..you can try the Alex Leroc books..they're fun!

March 30, 2015

La Gloire de mon père, Marcel Pagnol.

Nice nostalgic book about his childhood near Marseille in the beginning of the XXth century.

Full of  Provence's perfumes and cute moments. There is also a picture, so you can maybe watch it. You can find both on internet (ebook and streaming).

http://ktang28.free.fr/home/book/book_2611.html

http://cinemaviz.net/la-gloire-de-mon-pere-en-streaming.html

April 1, 2015

I'm reading Kiffe Kiffe Demain books by Faiza Guene for adolescents. There are some sentences I'm not sure about but on the whole understand the gist of the story :)

March 31, 2015
Show more