shire
what do i need

If I want to go to a foreign company to find a job , what do I need? And what is the most important ability to me?

Mar 29, 2015 12:08 AM
Comments · 4

In the U.S., mainly what you need are the obvious things like past work experience and education. References from teachers or past employers can sometimes be helpful. Ordinarily, what companies are looking for are competent people who can adapt quickly to new situations and can work both independently and in groups. You need to be able to show all of these skills first in your resume and then during a job interview. During the job interview, of course make sure to dress well, and starting with a good handshake is very important. The interviewer will ask questions like, "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" or "What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses?" With these questions, they are looking for an ambitious person who cares about the job and can think on their feet, expressing their ideas quickly and effectively.

March 29, 2015

You will need an H-1 working visa (in the USA), or the equivalent in whichever country you wish to work in. This usually means that you will need to be sponsored by an employer in the country in which you wish to work. 

You will need to be skilled in the field you wish to work in and you will need to have some skill that differentiates you from the people that are living in the country where you want to work. Usually Chinese language fluency will satisfy this. You will also need to be fluent in English, or at least be semi-fluent and willing to continue to improve. 

If you are a student, studying abroad in the country in which you wish to work is a great way to get in. You can probably get a scholarship through your university and the university should have a department dedicated to finding internships for students. 

Good luck to you!

March 29, 2015

Know Microsoft Office well--Excel, PowerPoint, Word.

Do want to work with numbers?

I depends on what you would like to do, but the basics usually involve good computer skills.  

All offices use computers.  Know how to use computer applications well.

There are several good tutorials online.

March 29, 2015

I think if you are not in the department where are many foreigners. It is no different therir soul is still chinese. They would ask you to have English name, besides it. It is almost useless.

Just dont think about too much. 

March 29, 2015