dust
Please help me fix the errors in text

Hi there!
Someone please help me grammar or punctuation errors in following text.

Since the reading isn’t a scientific process that you’ll input something and output will be precisely same as expected – reading is influenced by several factors. These factors can, sometimes, distract your attention, may give your wrong idea about what you’re reading or you may completely misinterpret the information. So, given the reading requires your full attention; I think following tips must be considered while reading something.
Analyse the time and place in which you are reading;
Determine the purpose of reading; the text can be small or large, time can also be limited, so you must know why you’re reading some particular text.
Select the appropriate approach; given the reading objectives and time constraints full text reading isn’t feasible sometimes and you must select the approach that best fits the situation instead of full text reading.
Previewing: When the text is large and you have some decision to make, like you’re on book shop and have a pile of books you choose from but can buy only one, you need to decide what book to purchase. You cannot really read the whole book in very short time, though you can preview it. While previewing we look for information like title, author, year of publication, list of contents discussed in text, some portion of text etc.
Skimming: skimming is quickly looking for main idea or gist. When you’re skimming text, you’re not reading text word by word , rather you’re quickly going through the text by reading it in small chunks in zig-zag pattern.
Scanning: scanning is reading for particular idea or piece of information; this is like you have a question in mind and your eyes are looking for answer in text. You run your eyes over the text looking for the specific piece of information you need. Use scanning on schedules, meeting plans, etc. in order to find the specific details you require.
When reading to summarize or conceive the idea or meaning of something - rephrase each paragraph in your own words, read aloud sentences or sections that are particularly difficult, reread difficult or complicated sections, slow down your reading rate, highlight the key ideas and important points, write notes in the margins where necessary, and sometime read the whole text again.

Mar 29, 2015 11:46 AM