Richard-Business Eng
Professional Teacher
It is not difficult to say thank you

There are many people who take 10 or 20 minutes to write an answer or make corrections to help the people who are learning a second language.

In every culture and language it is polite to say "thank you" when someone does something for you.

So, say/write thank you.

It's easy...

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Mar 30, 2015 3:46 PM
Comments · 22

Thank...what? ;)

March 30, 2015

I totally agree. I can't understand how people can expect others to give their time and effort to help them, and then they accept this help without a word of thanks.

This very point came up a few weeks ago:

http://www.italki.com/discussion/89413

This discussion received a lot of support, and we hoped that some of the less grateful members might learn some courtesy. Sadly not.

March 30, 2015

I always thank people who correct my notebook entries, although I probably miss some. But I never expect to get thanked in return. I just don't see the point. Are you so eager other people's praise that you'd make thousands of corrections, and top it off by starting an indignant discussion thread?

<em>
</em>

<em>Let's remember that the only way to find happiness is not expect gratitude, but to give for the joy of giving.</em> - Dale Carnegie

April 1, 2015

I strongly agree with you. I have corrected more than 1600 entries and very few people write thank you. I prefere to believe that saying thank you is not customary in their cultures.

March 30, 2015

Everyone in the world is entitled to their own opinion, i.e., they should be allowed to think the way they want. I'm glad that they shared their opinions with us, so, thank you Alex, Barbara and Alireza. We should all think about the quotation that Aegis shared with us (a quotation from a famous, smart American named Dale Carnegie) "Let's remember that the only way to find happiness is not expect gratitude, but to give for the joy of giving."

April 3, 2015
Show more