Blair Dominic
Fun translation game for Chinese speakers! See if you can fix this crazy Mandarin to English translation. =)

Hi there!

Do any of you Chinese speakers want to see how good you are at written translation? See if you can correct the English translations of the expressions relating to numbers in the Chinese dialogue below! I will post a possible correct translation in a week!

张三婶:李四,这个五一有一个看上去不三不四的女人来找你。
Mrs. Zhang: Mr. Li, this five one a looks like no three no four woman came looking for you.

李四:是吗?什么模样?
Mr. Li: Really? What kind of woman?

王五姐:你是个三心二意,朝三暮四,两面三刀的王八蛋! 没办法,男人十有八九都是那样!是不是,老张?
Miss Wang: You three hearts, two meanings, morning three, evening four, two faced, three knived Wang eight eggs! Ah, there’s nothing you can do, men ten have eight nine! Right, Mrs. Zhang?

李四:你是个三八!我万万不会那么做!你说的话和实际情况简直差了十万八千里!
Mr. Li: You three eight! I one hundred million couldn’t do that! You are wrong by 404 kilometers!

王五姐:我什么人没看过?一般的人我都能猜得八九不离十!更何况是你!
Miss Wang: I’ve seen it all! So I can usually guess eight nine near ten! Especially with you!

李四:你四六不懂!我给你点颜色看看!
Mr. Li: You four six don’t understand. I’ll give you colors to see!

王五姐:你二百五!
Ms. Wang: Two hundred and fifty!

张三婶:行了,行了,别吵了!污七八糟的像什么呢!你听我一五一十告诉你。那女人十分漂亮,打扮得五颜六色的。真是个数一数二的美女!而且很客气!有点低三下四的!好像有什么十万火急的事儿,很快就跑走了。她可真是一个丢三落四的人,忘了她的手提包!
Mrs. Zhang: OK, Quiet down! What’s this dirty seven eight bad! Let me tell you one five one ten. That woman was ten parts beautiful! She was dressed up five six colors. Really a count one count two beauty! And very polite! A little low three under four! It looked like she had something involving one hundred thousand fires, and ran away. She is a real lose three drop four kind of girl, she forgot her handbag.

李四:我看看那个包。八成是我那个狡猾的前妻,又来要钱了!她三天两头地来。小张,您千万不要告诉她我回来了!她不懂,我们已经是一了百了,一刀两断的!她老是不管三七二十一来破坏我的新婚!啊!世界上的女人真是五花八门!
Mr. Li: Let me see. Eighty percent it is my no good ex-wife, come for more money! She comes
three days two heads. Mrs. Zhang, ten million don’t tell her I’ve come back! She doesn’t understand, we are one finished one hundred finished, one knife two cut! She no matter three times seven equals twenty-one wants to destroy my new marriage! Ah, the women of this world are really five flowers eight doors!

张三婶:李先生,您要是早告诉我,我会三下五除二地告诉她您搬家了。可是,不怕一万,就怕万一!万一她来的时候正好碰见您,再闹出事来,让您现在的老婆知道了,那可怎么样?
Mrs. Zhang: Mr. Li, If you had told me before, I would have three under five except for two told her that you have moved. But, don’t be afraid of ten thousand, just be afraid of one ten-thousandth! She might run across you in the street and make a scene,then what will you do?

Mar 30, 2015 7:37 PM
Comments · 1

张三婶:李四,这个五一有一个看上去不三不四的女人来找你。

Aunt Zhang san: Mr. Li si,a woman visited you on the May Day,who seemed not decent… 

April 4, 2015
Blair Dominic
Language Skills
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
Learning Language
Chinese (Mandarin), French, German, Japanese, Spanish