Yljaha
a marriage contract

Some modern couples prefer to enter into a marriage contract. What do you think about this?

Mar 30, 2015 7:58 PM
Comments · 10

I don't believe in it. Once you are married what is yours becomes ours.  I understand reason for it but I dont agree with it.

March 31, 2015

In our country I did not meet the people who were married with marrige contract.In my opinion the people should not need to do it. If in future the couple want the divorce,they must do it as friends :) Yes, it is very diffucult , probably:)

March 31, 2015

Currently in the Netherlands there's some unfinished debate about the default regulation of the marriage agreement, matrimonial property law is now currently set under the automatic regulation of community property, while the Liberal left wing party pleas for the civil law amendment of the prenuptial agreement. - It's now five years further. 1 out of 3 couples modify this agreement, which would be officially approved by notaries.

I think the maintenance obligation of marriage should always stay in tact, no matter what agreement, but the prenuptial agreement now doesn't hold that obligation, which could cause a lack of supporting the children's (and the partner's) financial maintenance, while both partners under the matrimonial property law holds this obligation. - It's ridiculous that people expect superlative freedoms without any consideration of their responsibilities. The intentions must be wholeheartedly committed to take care of both partner and the children, that's what I hope the main concern would be by people willing to marry. As I believe, of whatever agreement a marriage might be based upon, that such institutions doesn't coincide necessarily with evocative intentions, but rather the people themselves should be invoked through good communications with their spouses, so handling upon agreement has a good basis for children and the heads of family.

March 31, 2015

Depends in the country. If you live in an anglo-saxon, a scandinavian, or a muslim country, you don't really need a mariage contract. But if you live in a civil law country, you'd better make one !

But even though, you still can make a contract during the marriage time or if you already have one, you can change it.

March 30, 2015

We did not make it. Maybe because we had not anything that could be devided.

March 30, 2015
Show more