Erico
Learning Article : 5 Japanese Expressions To Survive In Kansai

Discuss the Article : 5 Japanese Expressions To Survive In Kansai

<a href='/article/415/5-japanese-expressions-to-survive-in-kansai' target='_blank'>5 Japanese Expressions To Survive In Kansai</a>

What are these people saying? Learn 5 frequently used expressions in Kansai-ben, a prominent Japanese dialect, to survive in the region of Kansai when you visit.

Apr 2, 2015 12:00 AM
Comments · 5

Thank you so much for your comment, Matsurika88! I'm actually not sure if the origin of the word "nande" comes from Kansai-ben. The more prominent thing about the word in this dialect is its intonation, and somehow Kansai people rarely use the word "dooshite" for "why". I hope I'll have a chance to write more about Japanese colloquial langauges and/or Kansai-ben. Thank you for your comment once again! :)

April 27, 2015

I laughed while reading this! I lived in Osaka and volunteered at a kimono shop in Kyoto for a year, so the Kansai dialect was something I came into contact with on an everyday basis. I feel really nostalgic about the dialect when I see or hear it. Having lived only in that region, I'm pretty sure I sound funny when trying to speak standard dialect because I don't know any different! Wonderful article!

June 11, 2015

Haha, so helpful. LOVE the kansai spirit. Never realized a phrase as common as nande is originally Kansai-ben. Thanks, you've got to add more in the future :D

April 24, 2015
November 26, 2018
Yeah 関西 dialect in my opinion is alot more  friendl
November 26, 2018