Renê
Ebonic english and black american slang

Hi guys,I have watched movies in english but sometimes theres some prases that I think it is ebonics, so where can I find that kind of american black language because I did'nt find in the google?

I would like to learn all of kind of accent to became fluent and to be honest I just love the American accent.

Apr 2, 2015 1:12 AM
Comments · 3

The more formal name for Ebonics is African Anerican Vernacular English, or AAVE. This site might provide useful information or other links to information and videos: http://www.pbs.org/speak/seatosea/americanvarieties/AAVE/

April 2, 2015

Not even native speakers recognise every single accent. This entirely depends on the person's exposure to English from different regions.

Unless you plan to be a linguist or a professional actor, there's not much need to study many accents in detail. Also, beware of having a "mixed up" accent - we immediately notice, and it sounds unnatural, no matter how technically perfect your English is.

The truth is, you'll get your accent from the people you speak to directly - you don't learn this from books!

April 2, 2015

Thanks guys for the advises!

April 2, 2015