Công Peter
Can money buy happiness? why or why not?
Apr 3, 2015 5:51 AM
Comments · 33

Demien, I'd like to clarify that you misinterpreted what I said.  I'm on the side of thinking money does buy happiness, or at least a reasonable facsimile of it.

Furthermore, italki's rules prohibit religious discussion, so please stop talking about Jesus.  Not everyone here is a Christian.

April 4, 2015

I would say that money contributes to happiness but cannot buy it. I have seen unhappy rich people and happy poor people.  Often simple free pleasures bring a lot of happiness !  

April 4, 2015

No, of course no. You can buy things, not feelings. With money your life is more comfortable, if it enough for you, well, you can be happy, but when you lose the one you love you'll understand that the comfort is nothing.

April 6, 2015

If you are poor (financially)... and you are loved... you are rich.

All you need is love... and

Money can't buy you love...

April 6, 2015

I say go out and buy a puppy and some chocolate and see if those don't make you happy. :)

Then, try to live without a penny for a month begging for food and on the street or in the woods finding your own food, without clothes or shelter or any tools that are sold and see how that feels. 

Modern society is based upon money so you have to have a certain amount in order to be happy because not having enough to survive or live basically well is horribly stressful.

I read a study where people that had up to a standard middle class income were not any happier with more money, but people that didn't have enough for the basics were downright miserable. The less they had, the less happy they were. 

You get happier up to only a certain amount and then how much MORE you have is not what contributes to your happiness. Then other factors take over. It's Maslow's hierarchy of needs. 

April 4, 2015
Show more