Chinese Culture_Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year starts with the New Moon（新月）on the first day of the new year and ends on the full moon（满月）15 days later. The 15th day of the new year is called the Lantern Festival（元宵节）, which is celebrated at night with lantern displays and children carrying lanterns in a parade.
New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are celebrated as a family affair, a time of reunion and thanksgiving. The celebration was traditionally highlighted with a religious ceremony given in honor of Heaven and Earth（万物）, the gods of the household and the family ancestors.
Want to learn more? Ok, learn Chinese with eChineselearning
No comment given.
- Hi everyone! Have you ever read others' English entries to improve your own English?
- What is the second most spoken language in Europe?
- una pregunta sobre la lengua española
- I want An English Partner to train with
- How to study grammar and practice prepositions?
- Again Again Again!
- spanish courses in Spain or Guatemala
- Beber o tomar?
- I can teach advanced English in return for Spanish lessons.