Chinese Culture_Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year starts with the New Moon（新月）on the first day of the new year and ends on the full moon（满月）15 days later. The 15th day of the new year is called the Lantern Festival（元宵节）, which is celebrated at night with lantern displays and children carrying lanterns in a parade.
New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are celebrated as a family affair, a time of reunion and thanksgiving. The celebration was traditionally highlighted with a religious ceremony given in honor of Heaven and Earth（万物）, the gods of the household and the family ancestors.
Want to learn more? Ok, learn Chinese with eChineselearning
No comment given.
- Any guy who wants to learn Chinese with English for exchange?
- La france vue de l'étranger
- What is your best childhood memory?
- Native English Speaker Wants to Learn French
- Native English Speaker Wants to Learn Arabic
- The dropped E in casual spoken French
- Aprendiendo de un amigo
- famly gripes
- Brazilian Guy Moving to London
- Traditional Foods