Chinese Culture_Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year starts with the New Moon（新月）on the first day of the new year and ends on the full moon（满月）15 days later. The 15th day of the new year is called the Lantern Festival（元宵节）, which is celebrated at night with lantern displays and children carrying lanterns in a parade.
New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are celebrated as a family affair, a time of reunion and thanksgiving. The celebration was traditionally highlighted with a religious ceremony given in honor of Heaven and Earth（万物）, the gods of the household and the family ancestors.
Want to learn more? Ok, learn Chinese with eChineselearning
No comment given.
- Urban art in your country
- What kind of learner are you?
- What is your favorite pet?
- Do you know any good video teaching French alphabet & pronunciation?
- I'm looking for a Mandarin teacher here who also speaks "music".
- Russian Music
- Film italiani
- Imperfective and Perfective Aspects in Russian
- Difference between Just and Only
- Una duda acerca de una frase