Sasha
The purpose of life

Currently passing through a real midlife crisis I started to feel my life's not enough for me, which is the toughest feeling ever. Not enough adventure, changes and personal dev. What helps you overcome such things as discourage and frustration, feeling unsatisfied and misunderstood? I personally believe that when one is constantly in search for inspiration, new information, feelings and experiences it makes him being alive, as long as we dream we live, as soon as we stop deaming and having ideas and plans, that probably makes us dead. But dreams can do a lot of harm as well, if you start losing touch with reality and yourself. The point is, where is that very limit, that finish line that could show us the right direction, where is that balance between reality and our vision and dreams which would never hurt you as much as something you can only dream about. They say:"When you can dream it, you can achieve it", the thing I used to believe for a long time, that kept me restless for many years, but now I finally realized that not everything depends on me, and sometimes you are too small even to dream your dreams, you were completely taken in, and the reality pulls you backward.

Apr 10, 2015 9:27 PM
Comments · 15

you are never too small to dream your dreams. it takes years (a decade or more) in some cases for one dream to come true. you might have to let go of it so much that you forgot you had it in the first place or thought you had given it up fully and completely and had moved on but then one day, it's at your doorstep.

i don't know what dreams you are referring to, but in my own personal experience, the things that were dearest to me happened, and in the meantime, i sometimes get bored or dissatisfied with the day to day monotony of life. however, when i look back, i realize that what mattered...came into matter...

a dream is an intuition of what your heart knows is possible and yearns for. it's not something that can make you lose touch with reality. i'm an inveterate dreamer and "imaginer", that's where the magic begins. then reality might pull you back in, but while you need to tend to mundane things, your dream starts to have a life of its own and several months or years later, it knocks on your door asking you if you want to hop in. patience and faith are key.

April 10, 2015

Sasha, It is really tough topic, but it's so much interested to think about it. To my own experience, dont think to much, dont dream to much. I use to be in some bad situation. However, I got better balance after I found the website www.Awesomequotes4u.com. I find the reasons to accept what happend as it have to happen. Some good quoted that I still keep for myself "Strong people know how to keep their life in order. Even with tears in their eyes, they still manage to say "I'm ok" with a smile". Or "Don't wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect". All the good things will come .. to the good! Am I so much optimistic ;))

April 11, 2015

Reality does not pull you backwards, it helps you keep grounded. Dreaming is fine but handling it is the key.

Genuine happiness comes from within. Contentment with the present is important till you reach your dream. Be content even if you can't make it, living in future creates problem. That is not the right way to chase any dream. That cripples you. All dream, no effort/little effort/effort in wrong direction leads to disappointment.

You have to love yourself and accept yourself with all your imperfections! Behind the imperfections must lie a great deal of courage to be able to discover ways on how to improve your repertoire to recover from your mistakes. I read somewhere that life is about finding out about right and wrong, trying and failing, winning and losing. These are things that happen as often as you inhale and exhale. Failure in a person's life has become as abundant and necessary as air. But this should not hinder us from becoming happy.

Please start looking at things in perspective. Being realistic is good, do not take peer pressure, that has the potential to create maximum harm to your self esteem. Be comfortable in your own skin and know & understand yourself well based on your own strenghts & weaknesses, likes & dislikes etc. And then fall in love with yourself but please do not become a narcissist :)

Good luck!

April 10, 2015

I was so caught up with this unanswerable question that I became quite awfully depressed a few years ago, but to your question, I don't think there's a universal interpretation of purpose in life. I think it varies from person to person, our dreams and our motivations, all unique in their distinct way and that's what makes humanity so interesting. On how to overcome that feeling of unsatisfaction though, I think it's best to focus on the present and strive to be at your happiest. It's easily to be trapped in big questions and thoughts like not having achieved much or not conventionally successful, but being content and taking chances when they come our way, to cherish the beauty in little things and people we adore, I think that's the best thing anyone can do with their lives. 

To quote my favourite poet '"I just want to never stop loving like there is nothing else to do, because what else is there to do?” — Pablo Neruda. And not just romantic love, applies to everything, platonic love for friends and families, for places and interests and all things beautiful. It's cheesy, but it's true. 

April 25, 2015

I use to thinking about this issues, but I found that we're here to life not to spend our life thinking about kinda things. all those questions didn't has final answers, and any one try find it out It'll just adds more hard questions.
Our brain as long as give it free time, It'll start playing this game questions and makes us doubt about the meaning of life that are created.

April 10, 2015
Show more