Molly_mengyi
Would you help me correct this essay? It is very appreciated if you point errors out. ;)

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages pf this outweigh the disadvantages?

It was common for young people in learn foreign languages at secondary school in many years. In recent years, however, there are more and more children begin studying foreign languages at primary school, with both positive and negative outcomes.
To start with, a primary school student has more leisure time than the one in secondary school. That means they have more time to study and be more efficient because of their brilliant brains. Then, at young age, children have more willingness to learn new things. What’s more, languages learned by children at earlier ages can be remembered deeper.
There are, however, some disadvantages. Initially, it will squeeze children’s time for other activities. In fact, a children in primary school is supposed to cultivate a variety of interests instead of learning a foreign language, like playing an instrument .Subsequently, if the language teaching is not standardized, or if some of the children do not receive a good education of language learning at this age, it will make them lose their confidence in the following study life. Ultimately, learning a foreign language too early may frustrate them. It is too much to learn two languages(mother language and foreign language)at the same time.
To conclusion, my view is whatever it could be hard for children at first, learning foreign languages in primary school can help them pick up it easily.

Apr 16, 2015 3:40 AM
Comments · 8

Oh, sorry. I didn't correct it I just replied.

:)

April 16, 2015

Poor teaching in general will have a negative impact on a child or student, regardless of the subject. Every single child is a unique individual that will react differently to learning in general. Some may enjoy learning one subject and not another. Some may love a challenge while others become frustrated. There is no way to anticipate and cater to each person's exact needs. Should we also stop teaching math because many children despise it? Absolutely not. It is essential to furthering one's studies. Likewise, learning a foreign language can offer many valuable benefits.
I agree that primary school students would have more free time and more of a willingness to learn. They also have less pressure placed on them and don't have to worry about passing the SATs and ACTs, getting into college, going to prom, graduating, applying for scholarships, going to work, etc.

April 16, 2015

I disagree that learning a foreign language in primary school would squeeze a child's time for other activities or impact them negatively.

First of all, simply taking a course in school does not mean you will pick up an interest in it and spend excessive amounts of time on it outside of class. The only time a student will feel necessary to spend on a subject is to complete assignments. However, this is no different than if the student were taking any other subject. The only way it would take up more a child's time was if they wanted it to because it interested them. If the child's hobby was learning languages, how is this any better or worse than playing an instrument or sport? If studying a language during their free time is something a child wants to do, then that is his or her choice and he or she clearly enjoys the process. I think cultivating an understanding of other cultures and developing a global perspective is a positive.

April 16, 2015

I will correct the rest of the essay soon :)

April 20, 2015

Great essay, I am glad to see that you have writen some sentences that I told you. :)

April 18, 2015
Show more