Lauren
Arabic schools in the Middle East

So I may have about six weeks in May and early June at my disposal to travel and study! I'm thinking of heading to the Middle East to do a short course (around three weeks) in Arabic. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Arabic language schools or institutes in the Middle East?

Obviously it's a bad time because of the security situation in so many countries, hence I've been looking mainly at Morocco and Oman as they are relatively safe. Specifically, does anyone have any experience - good or bad - with ALIF in Fez? Otherwise, would love to get any recommendations you have or any tips as well.

!شكراً

Apr 16, 2015 10:22 AM
Comments · 19

Thanks again Ezzat, very kind of you :)

Ahlam, I'm sorry if I have offended you. I would be glad to have my mind changed about Saudi Arabia. If you have any links like articles or videos you can send me about what life is really like there, I'd be glad to look at them.

April 19, 2015

Also, thank you Ezzat, I wish you all the best also :)  Ahlam, perhaps but I don't think KSA is the right choice because I also want to do a homestay with a local family and be able to move about freely, eat in restaurants, shop in the markets etc which all give me lots of opportunities to practise Arabic.  I think KSA will be quite restrictive in that respect.  But I'll do some research all the same!

April 17, 2015

it'll be nice lauren ,,  i wish you good luck in your study i am sure that in el azhar in cairo , egypt  we have't the daraja system ,, but i am sure too that if you selected morocco you'll find places without the daraja system i love morocco it's nice country morocco and egypt are the same  for you good luck dear . 

April 16, 2015

Fez is a good place to learn arabic, and since you are learning french, Morocco will be good for you.
ALIF is nice. There are also Subul Assalam(Fez) and Qalam wa Lawh in rabat.

Good luck

April 16, 2015

Allam Alafary, that's exactly the problem, I think. We don't know what it looks like, the life in KSA. But it is natural to learn it before considering a visit... And that's what happens.

April 19, 2015
Show more