[Deleted]
Japanese tv shows/dramas

Hello, everyone~  Would you recommend me some japanese shows or dramas for learning purposes? I watch anime most of the time so I haven't actually got used to a real or 'common' use of the language. 

Also, I'm new here so I'm looking for friends to practice Japanese and English. Thanks in advance, have a nice day~

Apr 16, 2015 7:35 PM
Comments · 9

AKBingo has got lots of english subtitles and is really funny.  You can get used to their culture and comedy watching it! :)

And AKB48 are in it which makes it a whole lot better!

April 17, 2015

As long as you surround yourself by japanese it's good, and if you want a good laugh or a break from all the books, why not?
Would not consider them a waste of time, because all lot of tv shows in Japan are similar to Gaki no tsukai, and if you want to learn japanese, you can't only limit yourself to textbooks.

April 17, 2015

You should really look up Gaki no Tsukai, its a variety/comedy show, really amusing, though be aware that the two main guys speaks alot of Kansai-ben ^-^

April 17, 2015

"Limit" is a good psychological drama. It came out in 2013 and was originally a manga. 

Plot: One day the class is on their way to a field trip, when suddenly their bus falls of a cliff in the mountains. Only five girls survive the accident. They are injured, lost in the mountains and no one is coming for their rescue anytime soon. Pushed to their limits, the girls are forced to switch into survival mode and to lay bare their innermost feelings. 

"Liar game" is also a good one but they use a lot of difficult grammer. It's a good mind-buzzing one. Also a manga previously. 

Plot: Honest college student named Nao Kanzaki - receives a package containing 100 million yen (about 1 million dollars) and a note that she is now a contestant in the Liar Game Tournament. In this fictional tournament, contestants are encouraged to cheat and lie to obtain other contestants' money, with the losing ones forced to bear a debt proportional to their losses. 

There's also "Battle Royale" which was quite popular. Tends to lean more on the horror-psychological side. 

Plot: 42 9th graders are sent to a deserted island. They are given a map, food, and various weapons. An explosive collar is fitted around their neck. If they break a rule, the collar explodes. Their mission: kill each other and be the last one standing. The last survivor is allowed to leave the island. If there is more than one survivor, the collars explode and kill them all. 

April 17, 2015

There's a useful dorama for japanese students called "Nihonjin no shiranai nohongo".

And a really good psychological one is "Liar Game" ;)

April 16, 2015
Show more