Wendy
What's your favorite poem?

对于我来说,我最喜爱的诗人莫过于才女林徽因和才子徐志摩。而这首“再别康桥”是我的最爱,也是徐志摩的绝唱。徐志摩和林徽因在康河相识后,他期盼着能生活在一起,不料当他和张幼仪离婚后,林徽因却突然回国和梁思成结婚,一向有绅士风度的诗人,只能将往昔生活的甜蜜回忆。在我看来,虽然才子佳人未能结成佳偶,但这也许是最好的结局,因为后来促成了他们之间一世的友谊,成为一段佳话。挚友莫若此。在这里,我也找到了英译本,无论怎样,终归少了些许的味道。

再别康桥                       Saying Good-bye to Cambridge Again
徐志摩                                      by Xu Zhimo

轻轻的我走了,                    Very quietly I take my leave
正如我轻轻的来;                 As quietly as I came here;
我轻轻的招手,                      Quietly I wave good-bye
作别西天的云彩。          To the rosy clouds in the western sky.

那河畔的金柳                 The golden willows by the riverside
是夕阳中的新娘              Are young brides in the setting sun;
波光里的艳影,         Their reflections on the shimmering waves
在我的心头荡漾。       Always linger in the depth of my heart.

软泥上的青荇,           The floating heart growing in the sludge
油油的在水底招摇;          Sways leisurely under the water;
在康河的柔波里,           In the gentle waves of Cambridge
我甘心做一条水草。            I would be a water plant!

那榆荫下的一潭,          That pool under the shade of elm trees
不是清泉,是天上虹    Holds not water but the rainbow from the sky;
揉碎在浮藻间,          Shattered to pieces among the duckweeds
沉淀着彩虹似的梦。        Is the sediment of a rainbow-like dream?

寻梦?撑一支长篙,    To seek a dream? Just to pole a boat upstream
向青草更青处漫溯,      To where the green grass is more verdant;
满载一船星辉,         Or to have the boat fully loaded with starlight
在星辉斑斓里放歌          And sing aloud in the splendour of starlight.

但我不能放歌,                         But I cannot sing aloud
悄悄是别离的笙箫;              Quietness is my farewell music;
夏虫也为我沉默,          Even summer insects heep silence for me
沉默是今晚的康桥!               Silent is Cambridge tonight!

悄悄的我走了,                    Very quietly I take my leave
正如我悄悄的来;                  As quietly as I came here;
我挥一挥衣袖,                       Gently I flick my sleeves
不带走一片云彩。           Not even a wisp of cloud will I bring away

Apr 19, 2015 2:16 PM
Comments · 2

《施氏食狮史》
石室诗士施氏,嗜狮,誓食十狮。
氏时时适市视狮。
十时,适十狮适市。
是时,适施氏适市。
氏视是十狮,恃矢势,使是十狮逝世。
氏拾是十狮尸,适石室。
石室湿,氏使侍拭石室。
石室拭,氏始试食是十狮。
食时,始识是十狮尸,实十石狮尸。
试释是事。

August 19, 2015

I think it's more a correct translation than a perfect translation. Maybe it's translated by a Chinese person. I feel it lacks some rhythm.

August 19, 2015