Emma
Do you like class?

We often go to the school for classes,we learn many knowledges in class ,we have many different teachters,we passed many test for next grade ,and we have many friends in school,Do you like class, and why?

Apr 19, 2015 3:47 PM
Comments · 4

Ah, I do not know about your educational system. So I cannot judge. Also I am already 50 years old. But I grew up in the Netherlands and I had classes in the nineteen eighties. I loved classes. Compared to bemoaning customers and angry managers, the teachers are sweet pussies. I just sat in class listened to the teacher, read a book, did an exam, got a high note, and everybody was happy with me. Now I really have to work. I must say, I probably loved school because I can learn really fast from reading a book on my own. So school was a lazy paradise in my childhood. It was the land of Cockaigne. I would go back any time.

April 19, 2015

I'm a graduating senior in high school. Based on my knowledge, the American educational system is very weak compared to some countries in Europe and Eastern Asia (+ Singapore). 

However, I am very eager to learn new things, which definitely helps me get by each day. Some kids complain and hate doing school work as well as sitting in class, while others enjoy going to class/don't mind it. 

For most schools, many classes are required (Algebra, Geometry, Pre-calc... Chemistry, Physics, Biology... US History, World History... English... Gym), so most kids may result in hating school because they are forced to learn subjects that don't interest them.

I've hated history class all throughout high school, but by my senior year, I could choose whether or not I had to learn history. Many kids were in the same position as me (especially history!) and hated history class. Some hate math, some English, some language, some science... Overall, I think whether or not someone hates a class is whether they are interested in it or not. Public schools will frequently have kids complaining about class curriculum because it is so pointless (some subjects are outright pointless!). However, vocational schools usually have more motivated kids because they are learning things related to their future. 

April 19, 2015

Thanks,RageToLove and Michael,I think learning is very useful to our life, As an old saying in China goes "it's never too old to learn"(活到老学到老) ,I think I will never stop learning, although I hate history class ever.when I was a child I have to choose some subjects,but now ,I can choose my favourite,I like speak English,I want improve my speaking and listening, maybe I won't use it in my daily life,but I will keep learning.

April 21, 2015

In the Netherlands you have to do all subjects until you are about 16, depending on your level. Then you can drop some. But actually for me the good part about high school was that you learnt so many different things. It was versatile. Now I am a computer programmer, and it is computers here there and everywhere. For my career e.g. I should better learn a programming enviroment than a language. But since I am bored with computers all day, I try to improve my English. But it's not that beneficial for me, since I am reasonably good in English already.

April 20, 2015