Amy F.
Have you taken the TOPIK?

I'm taking my first TOPIK exam on Saturday (April 25).  I'll be taking the TOPIK I, for levels 1 and 2, and I'm super nervous.  Has anyone else taken it?  How was it?

Apr 20, 2015 12:51 AM
Comments · 2

Check out topikguide.com.  There aren't many practice materials available for the "new" format, and NIIED has said they will not be releasing any materials from the 38th TOPIK onward (the one on Saturday is the 40th).  But TOPIK Guide has links to download the tests and answers from all the TOPIKs before the 38th, and they have some practice materials too for free.  I haven't tried their paid package, so I can't say if that's any good.  But if you try it, let me know.

Also, compared to other languages' exams (and honestly to other exams in general), the TOPIK barely costs anything at all!  I don't know if it costs more to take it in Korea than here in Chicago, but I only paid $20 for it, making it the cheapest official exam I've ever taken.

April 20, 2015

I have not taken it, but I actually want to include it in my work goals for next fiscal year (I work in Korea, so it should be easy to justify that expense in my goals). But what I'm wondering first is where there might be practice tests available. 

Mostly, I'm posting here to get subscribed to this discussion in case someone has any input that is useful on the practice tests. 

April 20, 2015