Bess
How to get more vocabulary?

Learning English needs to remember a lots of vocabularies for sure. If you have any best way can enhance English vocabulary , Plz share it online! Thank you so much!

Apr 20, 2015 12:32 PM
Comments · 8

I think reading and writing more and more will improve your vocabulary. Using a word several times supports you to keep it in mind and use it in the convenient position. 

April 20, 2015

I like comic books. The speech boxes are shorter so reading is less intensive. The pictures provide additional context clues.

Even US students have comics to learn vocabulary for college entrance exams. See: http://www.amazon.com/Psy-Comm-Kaplan-SAT-Vocabulary-Building-Manga/dp/1427754969/ref=sr_1_2

April 20, 2015

i agree the Ruthi comment. In my opinion the true difficult is find someone to talk on skype..... 

April 20, 2015

The best way to learn new vocabulary is NOT by making lists and trying to memorize.The best way is to make the learning fun and enjoyable.There are many ways to do this,and the best one depends on you.If you like music,for example,you should listen to lots of songs in English and pay attention to the words,maybe copy the words out,sing along with the singer. IF you enjoy watching movies or TV shows,find some that you like in English and watch with ENGLISH subtitles not your own language.Find a person to talk to and have fun exchanging ideas as friends.
Read books and magazines in English.All these things will help to expand your vocabulary.

April 20, 2015

The best way  I can suggest is by reading newspapers and novels. Highlight the tough words and find their meaning in the dictionary. Write them all in a diary (it's better to write the word with the meaning and the sentence from where you got the word, it'll help you know how to use the word in a sentence). Revise your diary.

April 20, 2015
Show more