John
Learning multiple languages and maintaining them

I am currently learning Italian.  I enjoy learning it a lot.  My German is at a B2 level.  I don't understand everything, but I can understand a lot and can have a conversation.  I'm having trouble finding the time for both languages.  I'm putting more effort into Itallian because it's new and I started a 90 day learning challenge.  However, I'd like to get to a C1 level in German.   How do you learn two languages at once?  After you learn multiple languages, how do you maintain them?  All ideas are welcome.

Apr 21, 2015 12:12 AM
Comments · 1

Practice makes perfect! To maintain them you just have to keep using and getting exposed to the language. Finding a language partner would be a good idea because it will motivate you to continue learning. Meanwhile you could try watching italian/german tv shows, listening to their music and reading books. Perhaps you could set yourself a challenge every one or two months. I guess if you don't live in the country where native language is italian/german, you wouldn't get much opportunity to use the language. Learning and maintaining a language is all about discipline and practice.

April 21, 2015