Wen
Struggling with Turkish language!

Merhaba herkese.. I am really having a bad time in learning turkish language, I am feeling hopeless and it is like i will never be able to speak in turkish. I have been in Istanbul for the last 3 months but i am surrounded of people who speak English or Spanish (my mother tongue) so I haven't been able to learn proper turkish and i don't want to attend a course before i know at least basic things. I would like to read some of your experiences with the language, how are you learning it? What do you recommend me? Thank you in advance!

Apr 21, 2015 9:51 AM
Comments · 10

First of all, Don't believe people who they say Turkish is hard to learn. Hablo ingles y español :) l lived in Panama for 7 months. l learnt lots of things in that 7 months.  l had to study 3 years German when l was at high school. Now, l am trying to learn Romanian. l tried to learn Arabic when l was at university, and l tried to learn Russian last year. 

from all of my experiences, l really can say that, Turkish isn't hard to learn. why? because we don't have irregular verbs and lots of exceptions. if we have a rule, you can use that rule in every situations. 

for ex: numbers 

in spanish uno, dos, tres, ......... diez, once, doce, trece, catorce,.....

that eleven and twelwe has different. what do l want to say? 

in turkish it works in a system . we dont have 'once', 'doce' 

it works like this: bir, iki , üç, dört, beş, altı , yedi, sekiz, dokuz, on, ON BİR, ON İKİ, ON ÜÇ,

also it is same like quinientos: Beş Yüz.

normally, quinientos is an irregular. it is an exception. it is supposed to be 

200-Doscientos
300-Trescientos
400-Cuatrocientos
500-CİNCOCİENTOS!!!!!! 

but no! it is quinientos. 

it is also same with verbs. we dont have lots of different conjugations like spanish.

you have to memorise all the conjugations in Spanish. but you don't have to do it in Turkish. we use the root of the verb. and thats it. if you want to add the tense. you can do it. 

if you learn the rule. you can guess what is the situation, and you can learn it quickly.

and if you try to say something, it still makes sense. you dont have to put the words in the right places at the beginning. if you change  the places of members of a sentence it still makes sense. 

dont lose your motivation. you ll see, you ll improve your Turkish quickly

April 27, 2015

Hi, I can help you. If you have questions, you can ask me whenever you want. First of all you should learn daily sentences.. If you say what you know, so I can add another sentences which you can use daily. 

April 21, 2015

a new language would always sound gibberish till you grasp the basics and start paying attention to whats said and your mind will start "de-freeze" the turkish language space

if its about material i'd say use Hugo turkish in 3 months and teach yourself turkish and ofc colloquial series put yourself in a place full of natives and try to pick up soe words from what they say sothat your ear wont be a foriegner's ear ;) good luck

April 21, 2015

Hey! First of all, dont lose your faith! Believe yourself because you can make it. 

When I started to learning english, it was like a nightmare for me. I was feeling like I'm nothing. You should believe yourself. I can help you about everything. You can ask me everything. 

You are trying to learn a different language. Ofcourse, it will be hard sometimes. But at the end, you will be the one who made it. Believe yourself!

April 21, 2015

Merhaba :) I can help you to learn Turkish.And don't lose your hope Turkish is hard language to learn.You need to believe in urself and work hard :) 

April 21, 2015
Show more