Leyla
Community Tutor
What do you think about plastic surgery ?

How do you feel about plastic surgery ? It seems to me , in our country it is in fashion. I understand if someone has problem with her or his health or beauty, let them do.But some people do it just so it is in fashion. Eventually everybody have same nose, same lips ,same cheeks like inkubator.

What do you think about it ? And how often  do the people from you country do plastic surgery ?

Share please. Thank you :)

Apr 22, 2015 3:34 AM
Comments · 4

In America, some people support and others do not support.

People who don't support say it is dangerous. (not all procedures are, but some are not trained and very dangerous.) Many say that people should just like who they are and accept it. There is an idea of working to get your own success in America, so plastic surgery just seems too easy.

Some people who support say that it is safe. (there are plenty of times when it is.) Many who get surgery say it makes them feel better about themselves and improves their lives. There are many people who identify as a gender that they are not physically born with (transgender), and these people sometimes use plastic surgery to alter how they look so that both their mind and the body are teh same sex.

Personally, I think it is fine. People who feel that their body does not match who they are should be able to change themselves to feel comfortable. I support transgender and their changes. I just think that people need to be more aware of the health and money risks, thinking carefully before getting surgery. I also think that people should spend more time building themselves, and appreciating who they are before using surgery.

How often surgery happens changes on area. Some people get minor surgery and pretend it never happend. Hard to say for America overall.

TL;DR: The view is very mixed in America!

April 22, 2015

If I am not mistaken, Brazil leads the ranking of plastic surgery. I do not support this excessive cult of body image. If one has a physical feature that really bothers him/her, I guess it’s ok to change it. However, doing it just to be in fashion, up to date or to “fit the models” sounds like nonsense to me. Personally, I prefer to invest my money and my energy to improve what is beyond appearance.

April 22, 2015

I'm from America, it's like a center for plastic surgery.  I do very much support surgery for medical and health purposes. Like women who get their breast removed because of cancer risk, very understandable. Although, people do not need to prove themselves. I'm a big believer in "do whatever makes you happy". It's your life to live, live how you want.

But

Surgically altering your appearance? The things that naturally make up someone's identity. To erase your family's genetics, because they aren't found "attractive enough" in society. What a terrible thing to think your ancestors weren't good enough to represent you. 

April 22, 2015

Thank you for comments :)

April 23, 2015