Mario
Italian Hip Hop.

Hey there, I would like to ask Italian speakers to recommend some Italian Hip Hop bands. Name of bands or specific songs would be perfect. Thanks a lot.

Apr 23, 2015 12:39 AM
Comments · 7

My favourite albums: "La morte dei miracoli" by Frankie Hi-NRG, "The island chainsaw massacre" by Salmo. That stuff might be not so positive, but quite meaningful and deep. Not the usual "Yo, yo, look at my girls and my cars and my piles of money" stuff

April 28, 2015

Thanks a lot Nathy. :) I will have a lot to practise now.

April 23, 2015

Hi!

I recommend you:

Articolo 31, this band played from 1990-2006, it was my favority band when I was child. I think their songs "L'italiano medio" and "Gente che spera", sum up the Italian style of those years. 

J-Ax

Gemelli diversi

Jovanotti

Caparezza

Club dogo

Marracash

Mondo Marcio

I usually lisent these , but they are out of date and I don't sure...if they are hip hop singers or not.

Now Fedez is popular.

Spero di esserti stata utile. 

April 23, 2015

I agree with Daniele. Frankie Hi-NRG had a sound recalling RUN DMC and the lyrics had a social/political message. His most popular hit was Fight the Faida ( which was against Mafia). In Italy hip hop artists are not that good: they all sing the same way, they all sound from Milan even if they are from other regions... and the lyrics are empty and meaningless. This is my point of view. 

Sarah

May 6, 2015

Thanks Daniele, I will check them out. I like that kind of music.

April 30, 2015
Show more