Matthew Kai
Experiences of Japan?

Hi! I'm Matt!

I went on holiday to Tokyo a little over a year ago now and really enjoyed my time there. I feel that I was cheating slightly because, with Tokyo being the capital and all, they were more accepting of foreign people. Ever since an early age I have studied many different aspects of Japan and I'm determined to move there to pursue my career as either a computer programmer or English teacher.

I ask for other people's experiences there, or, if you're a native, what's it like? Are some places more accepting of foreigners than others? Are there places I shouldn't go to?

Apr 23, 2015 6:17 PM
Comments · 2

I went to Japan last summer, it was literally the nicest place on Earth! 

I went to Hiroshima, Tokyo, Hakone and Kyoto. Everybody there was so nice! 

I expected Japan to be filled with quiet, shy people. I totally experienced the opposite! I met so many interesting, hilarious people. This one time I was eating noodles with my mum and this crazy old guy kept looking over and making faces and then when he was leaving he came over and shouted about how I was beautiful. It was so funny :'') And then another time an old man gave me this Rilakkuma water bottle cover, since he found out I had visited Akihabara that day and thought I'd like it. 

And then in Hiroshima, there was this little restaurant owned by an old-ish lady and her son. We came two nights in a row, and the lady there was so funny! We showed each other pictures of our cats and she was like, "OHH KAWAIIII!!!" .

Everybody I met was so lovely and welcoming- whilst writing this, I remembered more and more of the nice people I came across during my visit. I definitely wanna move there when I'm older. 

Overall, going to Japan was the best thing I've done in my life so far. I didn't experience any racism- is it common for foreigners to experience this? 

April 26, 2015

You can visit India :). We see many foreigners here and we love their presence :D

April 26, 2015