Benny
Learning Article : One Easy Trick To Instantly Reduce Your Accent In English

Discuss the Article : One Easy Trick To Instantly Reduce Your Accent In English

<a href='/article/434/one-easy-trick-to-instantly-reduce-your-accent-in-english' target='_blank'>One Easy Trick To Instantly Reduce Your Accent In English</a>

Looking for a quick fix to reduce your accent in English? Benny the Irish Polyglot from the "Fluent in 3 Months" blog has the answers. Use this simple "hack" to start speaking English more confidently and fluently!

Apr 25, 2015 12:00 AM
Comments · 29

@Your confidant

I'm a native English speaker. An 'e' at the end of a word changes the vowel sound. We called it magic 'e' in school. 

With magic e: like, life, combine

Without magic e: kid, rid, profit

It works for other vowels too e.g:

With magic e: rote, fate, state 

Without magic e: rot, fat, stat

July 19, 2015
Fluent in 3 months?? How can someone establish the amount of time necessary to become fluent in English?  It will depend on a huge variety of factors, such as your native language, the effort you are willing to make and so on.
August 26, 2016
What intrigued me most about this article was the section entitled The Position Of Your Mouth.

I don't know about other people, but mine's always in the same position: between my chin and my nose.
November 25, 2019

There is no hack, and there is no ''perfect'' english. Really, how can you be a teacher and forget about each CITY from city language variation?

There is no 'losing' an accent.

Unless you become a voice actor (such as myself), then you need to follow strict rules as 'pronunciation' goes.

But, please study linguistics, phonetics, variation, syntax, and mainly History.

You CAN NOT be fluent in 3 months and be good at the 4 skills.

You can, nevertheless communicate in a good way inside 3 months if you dedicate yourself into it.

Gosh.

October 26, 2016
The article has nothing to do with accent reduction. Teachers who do accent reduction are those who teach how to use in a new way your articulators such as lips, teeth, tongue, throat, larynx, vocal folds, and abdominal muscles.

Ideally, such a teacher gives you instructions, you follow them, they assess your performance and give you their feedback. Unfortunately, it's hard to find good accent reduction teachers. Very likely, you'll find a teacher who can only judge your performance and who can't properly explain what is going on when talking.

Fortunately, I met some good teachers who are capable of doing accent reduction properly. They don't call it Accent Reduction though.
November 26, 2019
Show more
Benny
Language Skills
Catalan, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Gaelic (Irish), German, Italian, Portuguese, American Sign Language (ASL), Spanish
Learning Language
Catalan, Chinese (Mandarin), French, Gaelic (Irish), German, Italian, American Sign Language (ASL), Spanish