Nenu
apps for those who are just started learning Japanese. (apps para los que recién están aprendiendo japonés)

So I made a tiny list about the apps that I use to learn and practice japanese.

1) Memrise: This is one of my favorite. there's a full website version and an app version. This app use flashcards to help you memorise whatever you're trying to learn (you can make your own flash card if you want). I found this app pretty helpful when it comes to memorise kanjis and the alphabets so give it try.

2)Human Japanese: I tried the lite version of this app and I love it. Not only teach you the alphabet, but also grammar and a little bit of japan. This is a really friendly app for those who think that japanese is impossible to learn. There's the basic version an Intermediate version. If you pay like 12 USD -i think- you can get the full app with 40 chapters to learn.

3)Obenkyo: This app is amaaaazing. You can learn hiragana, katana and kanji with flash cards, keyboard and drawing.

with this app you can memorise
-Japanese syllabary :Katakana & Hiragana, with flash card, keyboard, or drawing recognition
- Numbers, in romaji, Hiragana, or kanji
- 2300+ japanese kanji (stroke animation translation, readings (with flash card or drawing)
- 14600+ japanese words (in english) from EDICT with flash card test
- Tae Kim Japanese Grammar guide.

I hope this will help you a lot. If you have any recomendations please let me know :)

xo.

Apr 25, 2015 1:25 AM
Comments · 2

I would also recommend "Kotoba-chan" which is pretty much the same as obenkyo but for vocabulary and its ordered by the JLPT levels. It+s really useful.

"Kanji Recognizer" is for identifying kanji (you must know the order of the strikes).

Aedict is a dictionary japanese/english. You can use the free version or de complete one. Both of them are great.

And for the browser, I strongly recommend "rikaikun" which show you the meaning of the kanji in hiragana and a translation when you put the mouse over the kanji (it also translate hiragana and katakana words).

April 25, 2015

Never used Memrise but I use Anki, which I think is similar (it uses flashcards too), I'm using a deck for vocabulary and one for Kanjis.

Imiwa? is a nice dictionary, it has a lot of examples, kanji recognition, verb conjugation, etc.

Tae Kim's Guide to Japanese is a great app too. I started learning grammar with it, now I'm learning with books, but is nice to have this in your phone if you ever forget something.

Anki and Tae Kim's guide are both on iOS and Android, Imiwa? is for iOS, don't know about Android, but I bet there are a lot of good dictionaries for Android.

April 26, 2015