Ana
Japanese Music

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone knows any good Japanese music/bands/songs/ or artits. I heard that listening to people speak japanese, well in this case sing Japanese, that it'll get stuck in my head. It's a good way of learning. I'll appperciate any suggetions. Thank you.

Apr 25, 2015 10:53 PM
Comments · 14

To be honest, listening to curent popular songs doesn't help you to learn Japanese. Like if some of your Japanese friends recommend you to listen to Sakanacution, AKB48 or Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, I pretty much sure their songs leave you confused.

The main reason why I assert that listening to current pop songs is sometimes inefficient is most of the time, their lyrics totally ignore Japanese grammatical rules. Therefore, if your Japanese langauge skill is not higher than inter-mediated level, it might be difficult to catch what the songs actually want to say. I know sometimes, some blogs or webpages provide us English translations of Japanese songs but sometimes, it's liberal translations. It maybe hard for learners to find some common rules if they only rely on listening to Japanese songs with these kind of translations. 

Sometimes, we can find Japanese movies on Youtube/Daily motion etc. One day, one of my language exchange partners recommended others to watch 'Death Note' since it has subtitles but when I checked it, I could find some silly mistakes. So what I want to say here is you souldn't fully rely on subtitles on youtube/free videos on the net even though their looks is professional, it is actually not.

I think it's same with other language, what you should is it really depends on what your goal is. If your goal is just being able to chat with Jpanese in Japanese, simply watching Japanese movies/animes maybe enough but if you'd like to discuss or debate some deep topics with Japanese, watching movies/animes is not enough to reach your ideal level. 

Hope other users introduce you some good Japanese artists. 

April 26, 2015

One ok rock

It's a mix of english and japanese.

May 23, 2015

Just like Yamada said, I had read somewhere that listening to Japan music won't help you with grammar, and sometimes pronunciation is wrong too, but it can help you a lot if you want to improve your vocabulary.

By the way, I discovered Scandal some weeks ago, they are so good.

April 26, 2015

Just gonna say what Aaron said

Try One OK Rock, they're awesome

('The Beginning' is the song, that made me fall in love with their music)

April 26, 2015

Hmm... i would suggest One Ok Rock? Their songs are a mix of english and japanese which might help you pick up some words.

Some Songs i would recommend:
Heartache

Wherever you are 

April 26, 2015
Show more