Hyden
Jobs for language students

Im currently studying finance, economics and japanese and 

I've been thinking about my future and it got me thinking about what future opportunities language students have as a job. 

I personally enjoy studying japanese much more than i am studying finance or economics, if i spend 5hrs studying japanese a day i would spend about 1hr a day doing finance or economics. 

Apart from the obvious like language teacher, professor, academic, or translator, is there a broad career path for language students? 

Apr 26, 2015 7:50 AM
Comments · 6

The common career that people who are professionalized in languages can pursue is, of course, teaching. But I think, you will have much more prosperous career in finance and economics if you incorporate your language skills.

April 26, 2015

i think you can studying finance and economics with improve your english. thats can be so wonderful!

May 7, 2015

There probably is, but I must say it is not the best paid job to be a language teacher. If I compare it to my salary, with the same level of education, it's peanuts. I am a software developer.

April 26, 2015

I think current jobs require graduates who are highly educated, especially languages. Acquiring many languages is so far related to the future job which you are looking forward. Additionally, international companies have strict conditions and tend to carefully test the new employees. 

April 26, 2015

Many*

April 26, 2015
Show more