Katy
Favorite Family Recepes

Hi everyone! 

I always thought that food is such a big part of our cultures and family traditions and often is very personal to each of us. As I have been studying languages and cultures from around the world, I have started to realize that despite globalization, the food we eat in our homes varies from country to country and culture to culture far more than I ever guessed before! It's very interesting. :) 

I was wondering if people would like to share their favorite home cooked meals and recipes that they grew up with around the world. 

Thank you so much! I look forward to any different types of food you share! :D

Apr 26, 2015 6:01 PM
Comments · 5

Thank you very much Nariel, Ekaterina, and Desirée!  I'm looking forward to seeing your recipes (and trying them out)! :D

Nariel, you can write them in either Spanish or English. I personally understand English a little better, but if you write it in Spanish it woud be good practice for me and those trying to learn Spanish. You can decide. :)

Desirée, my mother has Sweedish ancestry, actually! :D That's so neat!  I have heard of Sweedish homemade meetballs and let me say, they are amazing! ^_^ Please share, though, because I am curious if your recepe is different than my mother's (and other's might want to try them since they are amazing). Also, I have never actually heard of Mudcake or "kladdkaka"! 

April 29, 2015

What a nice theme!:) My mom really loves cooking, so there are lots of recipes in our family. I don't know which should I write here) I'll think about it.

April 28, 2015

It sounds great, i'm gonna ask my mom, because i don't cook traditional recipes :) should i write it in spanish or english?

April 27, 2015

We use a hint of mixed parsley in our meatballs! gives a fresh taste. Its nice to hear that you got Swedish ancestry! thats probably why you like our food! just kidding! 

Kladdkaka is a wonderful "cake" of chocolate that you eat for example with strawberries and whipped cream. You can add a little bit of salt and white chocolate in it as well to make it even more delicious haha

April 30, 2015

<em>fantastic theme!</em>

<em>I love cooking, so I have a lot of useful dishes in a little homemade book of recepies..</em>

<em>Ever tasted swedish homemade meatballs? that combined with tomatoes and spaghetti is a wonderful and simple thing to eat!</em>

<em>Mudcake or "kladdkaka" as it is called in Sweden is an apreciated desert in my family as well. :)</em>

April 28, 2015