小丽丽
Learning chinese

Any chinese can translate to me this sentence : 快递太坑爹 

thank you

Apr 28, 2015 12:19 AM
Comments · 8

The fucking express..坑爹means really disappointed but a little bit polite than "fucking"

April 28, 2015

Imane  快递 means express delivery.

And 坑 mesns cheat someone,爹 means father."Cheating someone to do something even your father.":D

So 坑爹 is a jok in China that it is usually means you are very disappointed in something.

The whole meaning of the sentence is that someone is disappointed in express delivery.

April 28, 2015

yes, 坑爹 contains two characters but it doesn't make sense to translate it literally, because 爹 means father, and 坑 has two meanings: 1. a hole; 2. to cheat

so literally speaking, it means "to lie to your father or to cheat your father", it's just literal meaning, it doesn't make sense in daily conversation, it stands for disppointing, or cheating or something like that

快递: express delivery

The express delivery is very disapponting

I don't think "f**king" is proper here, because it's too strong a word, we need another word to soothe our conversation tone

April 28, 2015

It is mean that the express is so bad.Maybe it is too slow to get on time.Maybe it had been broken when you get.In all,坑爹 means you are very disappointed in it.

April 28, 2015

MoMoJany   Thank you so much for accepting explain it to me , i understand the meaning

谢谢 

April 28, 2015
Show more