Site Feedback
Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Some help with adding words to my vocabular

Hey everyone.
I've just learned all the hiragana and soon i'm finished with katakana too :)
The problem is that I have a hard time finding words to fill out my vocabular with so I cant use the kana I've learned. So feel free to post some japanese words(in hiragana/katakana) and the english meaning so I can learn some new ones :) Thanks!

Share:

Comments

Hi Anton,

Read Read Read! Thats the best advice I can give you. It sounds like you finished the Hiragana and katakana, so now i suggest trying to read very simple things. I reccomend getting a copy of the Doraemon Manga comic book. There are almost no kanji, and it is very simple for learning simple every phrases.

Best of luck!
-AJ

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, just that I don't know many words, so then I have to translate every new word I read. And in the beginning it will be almost every single word... Do you know of a site that you can translate kana words easily?

I use:

www.popjisyo.com

It helps underline what my mouse points on. Try going there, and then using it to read another website! Good luck

There's this great kanji dictionary I use as well, it turns it all into furigana for you, if that will be helpful. I agree with AJ, reading manga helps a lot, especially because it comes with pictures. Also, flashcards! Make flashcards of every new word and go over them every now and then, it really helps.

Kanji website: http://nihongo.j-talk.com/kanji/

I would start by learning things in categories... Animals, location words, colors, numbers, etc. Find words that would help you create sentences. Ex. Say you learn how to say I like something... Find words to fill in the blank. (I like cats would be watashi wa neko ga suki desu) Watashi - I Neko - cat Sukidesu - to like Ga - particle

Do a search on anki you should be able to find some good online flashcards

Hi !(ハイ!)

I'm sizuko (ワタシハ(wa)、シズコ デス)

I ate udon noodles for lunch today. (ワタシハ(wa)、キョウ、オヒルゴハンニ、ウドンヲ、タベマシタ)

Have you ever eaten udon noodles ? (アナタハ(wa)、イママデ、ウドンヲ、タベタコトアリマスカ?)

Add a comment