Gem
Holiday Croatian?

Hi all,

I'm going to Dubrovnik in July for a holiday, and I would like to learn a bit of Croatian. I went to Split before so I know that the people speak a lot of very good English, but I think it would be nice and appreciated to try and speak some Croatian.

I have two questions - is it a good idea to try? Also because I am currently committed to learning Spanish for my work, I will only be able to spare 1 month for learning Croatian before I go there - will that be long enough for some very basic phrases, or is it a stupid idea?

Thanks, Gemma

Apr 28, 2015 3:39 PM
Comments · 5

Yes, it is possible to learn much more than just basic phrases in one month. I taught one guy from Brazil and he really learned well. I have tones of great audio/PDF and video materials that can be very useful to you and I'm going to teach you everything step by step. 

Just go to my profile and let me know when are you going to be free to do lessons with me. 

See you. 

July 14, 2015

I think that kamenkos´ idea is good. If you are not going to learn language and it is only for this travel, maybe is better only learn most typical phrases. And you can get these in a tourist manual.

Enjoy your trip ; )

May 1, 2015

Hi Gemma, 

you can learn more than just basic phrases in one month. There are so many great sites for learning Croatian basic phrases online, if you just want to learn useful phrases and words. Yep, definitely, one month is more than enough. You can learn so much in a month! :-) 

May 1, 2015

Just try and you will see. I guess you could buy a turist manual with the basic phrases there. Find one friend here and spek to her/him by skype, what could be of a great help for you.

Good luck!

April 28, 2015

I am willing to just help you on here for free! My mother is from Split, and we head out to see family annually so I can speak the language fluently, if you would like. 

May 8, 2015