Toshi
Your stereotypical image of Japannese?

What do you think about Japan or Japanese?

Some people says Japanese food is healthy and good. And some people says Japan is a creepy country. (People who wanna be Japanese are called weaboo in negative way, right?)

Please leave your comment about positive and negative aspect of Japan!! I'm glad to hear good opinion on Japan, but it's still OK that you hate us. I want to know how you feel about Japan :)

Thank you!!

May 4, 2015 10:09 AM
Comments · 23

Facts:

1: They kill, eat, burn, eat whales.

2: They eat dogs and plenty of other animals as if those that non asiatic humans were eating wasn't enough to destroy the nature.

3: They worship cats.

Stereotypes: 

1: They like silence and calm.

May 4, 2015

From the documentaries I watched, I had those ideas about Japan and Japanese:

1. Japanese are so polite and punctual.

2. Japan is a very expensive country to live in.

3. Japanese drink a lot.

4. Japanese are so obsessed with their dogs.

I've never been to Japan Toshi, and these ideas might not be true at all, so it's

for you to tell us the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth ;)

May 4, 2015

Japan:

- hentai

- freak TV shows

- ancient culture

- I love Japanese girls

- videogames

- a modern country

May 5, 2015

Love Japan!

I find it fascinating that there are so many layers of subtleties in your culture and language. The formal (work etc) environment contrasts sharply against the informal (party/friends etc ) environment - how one relates to another is so different within different social context. Women in the formal environment traditionally has little overt power, but at home, they traditionally control the finances (and she who control the purse strings, has POWER! :-) )

The traditional serenity of ancient Japan contrasts sharply against the brightly lit LEDs of modern Japan. The feeling of a large expanse of space compacted in a small zen garden is amazing. The purity and simplicity of the traditional foods should create fatigue after eating them multiple times but surprisingly, they do not, but instead each meal while similarly is almost distinctively different.

There are so many contradictions within the country but they have strengthened the country once - I hope with the new generation, they do not view history and traditions as something so binding and constricting that they throw the baby out with the bath water!

May 4, 2015

Japanese people are some of the nicest people I've ever met. So polite:-)

May 4, 2015
Show more