siobhan
Help! Do you use Nero o neri for capelli?

per esempio-

1- Luca e un uomo con I capelli neri

o

2- luca è un uomo con i capelli nero

would you make the colour plural when talking about hairs? 

May 5, 2015 11:34 AM
Comments · 6

In Italian the word "capelli" (singular: "capello") is a plural and it is a <em>countable </em>noun, just as "hand" or "foot", therefore everytime (i.e. most of the time) the word is in the plural form "capelli", the adjective must be plural, too.

"ha i capelli biondi/neri/rossi/etc." . The same for the verb as well as for articles and possessives: "I miei capelli sono scuri" (N.B. the adjective "castano" (especially when accompanied to "chiaro" or "scuro" can be used in the singular but that depends on the adjective, not on the noun "capelli": "ha i capelli castano chiaro")

As for Alessandra's comment, I only partially agree: I'd only use that expression with "chiaro" or "scuro" ("è chiaro di capelli" or "è scuro di capelli") but not with colours like "nero", "rosso" or "biondo"

May 5, 2015

My dear Ida before criticize me please have a look at the link I have added. It is too easy to go against me but avoid confrontation with the author.

Regards

May 6, 2015

Hi!  The right sentence is : Luca è un uomo con i capelli NERI (plural) or Luca ha i capelli NERI (that is better than the other one). :)

May 5, 2015

Luca e'un uomo con i capelli neri

May 11, 2015
Show more